Spiritual Sounding Board – This is your place to gather and share in an open format. -by Kathi *** Luke 23: 26 – 56 As the soldiers led him away, they seized Simon from Cyrene, who was on his way in from the country, and put the cross on him and made him carry it behind Jesus. […]
The Old Testament is full of covenants God made with his people: Edenic, Noahic, Abrahamic, Mosaic, Davidic. If those aren’t familiar to you, don’t worry. The point is that God makes co…
Part 2A and Part 2B – The “Pyramid of Responsibility” in Toxic Systems. Part 2A / Post #1 Section 1. Culpability, Complicity, and a Pyramid of Responsibility Power and Its Abuse, In Social an…
Allegations of sex abuse by a church youth worker from surface in Memphis. Trigger warning:explicit and graphic descriptions of abuse. The abuse victims are my heroes!
A pastor ponders life, death, hope, despair, theology and the nature of God
Forget the zombie apocalypse…the criticism apocalypse is upon us.
If someone tells you they have discovered a new understanding of the Bible, skepticism is called for. After all: Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. (Hebrews 13:8.) God is wh…
Broken and Healed
Spiritual Sounding Board – This is your place to gather and share in an open format. -by Kathi *** Luke 22: 63 – 23: 25 The men who were guarding Jesus began mocking and beating him. They blindfolded him and demanded, “Prophesy! Who hit you?” And they said many other insulting things to him. At daybreak the council […]
In addition to other forms of abuse, many victims of domestic abuse suffer sexual abuse from their partner. And it’s really hard to talk about. I’m wanting to explore several challenging questions in this post:
- How many of you (victim-survivors) have stories of sexual abuse as part of your domestic abuse story?
- What kinds of sexual abuse did your spouse do to you?
- Did you tell anyone about it?
- If you did confide or disclose it to someone, who did you tell? Your pastor? A counsellor? A male or a female?
- If you told someone, what was their response?
- Did their response help? Did it hurt, or hinder?
- What do you think would be a good way to for a pastor or counsellor to respond to a victim’s disclosure of spousal sexual abuse?
- Even if you did not experience sexual abuse in your abusive marriage, please tell us that too…
View original post 590 more words