Here in Australia we’ve been discussing the connection between “male headship” and domestic violence. This discussion has been spearheaded by journalist Julia Baird. There have been articles and blog posts on websites, plus reports, panel discussions and interviews on television. My favourite part of this discussion so far has been last night’s episode on ABC’s…
Imagine one of your theology students saying – “Dr. Olson, I am sorry to tell you this, but you are not a Christian.”
Local media highlights Marie Notcheva’s story.
“The Bible doesn’t teach masculine and feminine traits.” – Tim Fall
From The Wartburg Watch blog discussion on October 11, 2016:
If anyone takes the time to actually re-state each Danvers point and look up their supposed proof texts, it is evident that there is no textual or logical there there.
R.K.Wright has done just that. It can be read here:
What if those who would become known as ‘Young, Restless, and Reformed’ had followed the teachings of Roger Nicole, instead of Wayne Grudem and John Piper?
Roger Nicole (b. 1915) is visiting Professor of Theology at Reformed Theological Seminary in Orlando and professor emeritus of Gordon-Conwell Seminary. A native Swiss Reformed theologian and a Baptist, Dr. Nicole is regarded as one of the preeminent theologians in America. He was an associate editor for the New Geneva Study Bible and assisted in the translation of the NIV Bible. He is a past president and founding member of the Evangelical Theological Society, and a founding member of the International Council on Biblical Inerrancy. He has written over one hundred articles and contributed to more than fifty books and reference works.
Nicole received S.T.M. and Th.D. degrees from Gordon Divinity School, a Ph.D. from Harvard University, and D.D. from Wheaton College.
- Roger Nicole, Standing Forth: Collected Writings of Roger Nicole, Christian Focus Publications (September 2002) ISBN 1857926463
- Roger Nicole, Our Sovereign Saviour: Understanding the Essence of the Reformed Faith, Christian Focus Publications (2002) ISBN 1857927370
- David W. Bailey, Speaking the Truth in Love: The Life and Legacy of Roger Nicole, Solid Ground Christian Books (2006) ISBN 1599250934
- The Canon of the New Testament, JETS 40/2 (June 1997) 199–206.
- Open Theism is Incompatible with Inerrancy Founders Journal (Spring 2003) 14-21.
- New Testament Use of the Old Testament from Revelation and the Bible, ed. Carl. F.H. Henry (Grand Rapids: Baker, 1958).
- John Calvin’s view of Limited Atonement at apuritansmind.com from Westminster Theological Journal 47:2 (Fall 1985).
- Biblical Egalitarianism and the Inerrancy of Scripture, Published in Priscilla Papers, Spring 2006
A Southern Baptist professor calls out the Mortification of Spin (MoS) folks publicly, criticizing them for not meeting with Wayne Grudem privately.
From the mailbox: “Just wanted to say thank you for your article on 1 Timothy 2. It was a great reference for me as my 13 yr old daughter asked me about it when she read it during her devotions. I was not sure how to respond to her until I found your article. Thank…
This week the Thinking Fellows are joined by Elyse Fitzpatrick and her son Joel Fitzpatrick to talk about a controversy revolving around the idea of the eternal subordination of the Son. The Fellows aren’t here to join the fight but instead talk about the misapplication of the Trinity happening within the controversy. Sit back, relax, and grab a drink as the Fellows cover this special listener requested show.