I was 32 years old before I heard the word egalitarian. My universe was very small growing up. I, sort of, realized there was a Christian culture outside of my soft patriarchal, quiverfull one. But that’s how it was always understood. Being out there, on the fringe, barely Christian, if they were Christian at all.…
Lori Alexander, Emotional Abuse, Headship, Submission -by Kathi I’ve been reading Lori Alexander’s blogs for quite a while now. Just when I think her writing is the same old boring rhetoric she always blathers on about, she ups her game. Her recent post, “How Not to Get Married” is one that actually should be titled, […]
The Power of a Transformed Wife, Lori Alexander, Control, Submission This is a book review series of The Power of a Transformed Wife by Lori Alexander. If you are just joining us, you may click on previous chapter reviews to catch up. Introduction & Chapter 1 Chapter 2 **** *** Chapter 3 – Let it […]
“The Bible doesn’t teach masculine and feminine traits.” – Tim Fall
From The Wartburg Watch blog discussion on October 11, 2016:
If anyone takes the time to actually re-state each Danvers point and look up their supposed proof texts, it is evident that there is no textual or logical there there.
R.K.Wright has done just that. It can be read here:
What if those who would become known as ‘Young, Restless, and Reformed’ had followed the teachings of Roger Nicole, instead of Wayne Grudem and John Piper?
Roger Nicole (b. 1915) is visiting Professor of Theology at Reformed Theological Seminary in Orlando and professor emeritus of Gordon-Conwell Seminary. A native Swiss Reformed theologian and a Baptist, Dr. Nicole is regarded as one of the preeminent theologians in America. He was an associate editor for the New Geneva Study Bible and assisted in the translation of the NIV Bible. He is a past president and founding member of the Evangelical Theological Society, and a founding member of the International Council on Biblical Inerrancy. He has written over one hundred articles and contributed to more than fifty books and reference works.
Nicole received S.T.M. and Th.D. degrees from Gordon Divinity School, a Ph.D. from Harvard University, and D.D. from Wheaton College.
- Roger Nicole, Standing Forth: Collected Writings of Roger Nicole, Christian Focus Publications (September 2002) ISBN 1857926463
- Roger Nicole, Our Sovereign Saviour: Understanding the Essence of the Reformed Faith, Christian Focus Publications (2002) ISBN 1857927370
- David W. Bailey, Speaking the Truth in Love: The Life and Legacy of Roger Nicole, Solid Ground Christian Books (2006) ISBN 1599250934
- The Canon of the New Testament, JETS 40/2 (June 1997) 199–206.
- Open Theism is Incompatible with Inerrancy Founders Journal (Spring 2003) 14-21.
- New Testament Use of the Old Testament from Revelation and the Bible, ed. Carl. F.H. Henry (Grand Rapids: Baker, 1958).
- John Calvin’s view of Limited Atonement at apuritansmind.com from Westminster Theological Journal 47:2 (Fall 1985).
- Biblical Egalitarianism and the Inerrancy of Scripture, Published in Priscilla Papers, Spring 2006